Monday, November 26, 2007

Wedding Seminar

Last Sunday me and my husband attended a seminar because its one of the requirements for our church wedding...We have been civilly married for 3 yrs now and we and the family decided to have blessing from the church. There are 4 couples who attended the said seminar...We really learn a lot from the seminar...The speaker said that
  • in order for the husband to be loyal they should stick to one model, he use cars as examples almost every month or year cars have different models like in marriage the husband may meet different models but they should stick to their model, their wife.
  • If the husband is angry and on fire the wife should be the water,and vice versa..
  • husband and wife should not go to sleep if they still have misunderstanding with each other..(communication is important because if they cannot solve it in a day they might bring that anger in next day, in a week, months, or worst year.)
  • Face problems together...(problems can be solve if you are together and with God)
  • Husband and wife have a big role in raising their children (they have the big part on whatever their children would be in the society)
We have learn a lot from that seminar, and we enjoy it as well. The seminar have 2 speaker. The second speaker talks about how to process the marriage license, the process for the wedding etc., but before he start the seminar he ask the husbands to be to share on how they decided to get married with their wife to be. He pointed the first couple the man just look at the speaker and haven't say a word maybe he is a bit shy, so the girl(his wife to be answer the question), the girl say that they are 11 yrs in a relationship he is 38 and she is 34 and they are ready to be married.The speaker pointed the 2nd couple, and same thing the guy didn't answer the question so his wife to be answer the question for him.. They are 5 years in a relationship the guy is a seaman and most of the time he's out of the country but still they manage to be together despite the long distance relationship.And the girl added that she's been operated for ovarian cyst and one of her ovary been taken out and the other one also have cyst,(she now have only one ovary and have tendency that they will not going to have a baby)but still the guy choose to marry her.and then the speaker pointed to the 3rd couple, there was silence, so my husband raise his hand, I was shocked (the first 2 guys was in silence but he volunteer to say something) he then shared the reason why he wants to marry me.He said.....
We have been together for 6 years now going 7.We are 3 yrs civilly married and we decided to have our church wedding to have blessing from the church. After college she went to other country and there my life lost its direction. So when she come back here I really want to marry her for I cant imagine my life without her.(I have teary eyes that I feel I'm going to cry)She was the reason why I am a better person. The other couples looks at us...I was smiling don't know what to react. I was touch because I can feel he's so proud of me..And because he shares the 3rd couple also share their story..They are 7 yrs in a relationship since college but because they are from poor family they really save to have their church wedding.
After the seminar I was still smiling we went inside the car and I look at my husband and tell him, you do really love me he smiles back and say everyday...



4 comments:

JesieBlogJourney said...

Yes, I agree that communication is very important in a marriage. My husband and I talk to each other alot.

We had premarital counselling of 12 sessions before our marriage. I think it is a good idea to discuss and learn what marriage is all about from the counselor and each other.

I'm glad you attended the seminar.

Thanks for sharing.

Junelle said...

That's a beautiful story Nin. You have something others don't.

I wish you all the best!

Unknown said...

Very good post! May God always guide you in your continued journey as man & wife. Best wishes! :)

Spot a Leopard said...

Nice post!